Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oodles of Udon Noodles....


Last night while cleaning out my refrigerator, I noticed a ton of vegetables on the verge of spoiling. I tend to go crazy at the farmer's market on my weekly Sunday trips. Therefore, I find myself with a hodge podge of veggies at the end of the week. During my latest cleaning, I found yellow squash, sugar snap peas, red onions, green onions, and broccoli. I instantly thought noodle dish. I reached into my pantry for udon noodles (from my last shopping expedition to Chinatown). I threw this together in literally 20 minutes. My local Chinese take-out restaurant will definitely be losing some business because this noodle dish tasted incredible and took less time than ordering food.

Oodles of Thai Curry Vegetables and Noodles:


1 onion, quartered
1 zucchini or yellow squash, 1/2 in cubes
4 green onions, cut on diagonal
1 crown broccoli (keep florets intact)
15 sugar snap peas
1 package udon noodles
1 tablespoon red curry paste
Salt
1/2 cup of fat free half and half
1 tablespoon EVOO
Salt

1. Cook noodles according to directions. Drain.
2. In a wok, add oil and turn the heat to high.
3. Add all the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. The vegetables should still be crisp.
4. Add thai curry paste and mix to coat all the vegetables. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add half and half and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add noodles and coat with the sauce. Cook for an additional 1 minutes. Add salt to taste.

Variations: Add cilantro if you would like at the end. If you like spicy food, add more curry paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment